Exquisite cuisine, desserts and coffee will be available during our strolling gala portion of the evening, provided be local favorites. Beer and wine sampling will also be available thanks to Rochester Tap Room. Check out the full list of Restaurants here:Read More
The winners of the Meadow Brook Theatre’s Dickens’ Auction Package from their annual fundraiser, Concert and Cuisine, enjoyed a delightful tea with Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig on the set of “A Christmas Carol” following the matinee on December 14th.
The food was preparedand served by Meadow Brook Theatre Guild members, and the guests were treated to a tour of the backstage and wardrobe shop by Mr. Fezziwig ( Chip Duford) and Mrs. Fezziwig ( Stephanie Nichols). Guests included: Marie Hochstein of Troy, Doris Beauvais of Washington Twp., Pat Conflitti of Richmond, Ojas Alkolka of Troy, Donna Kalmeta of Marine City, Cynthia von Oeyen ofBloomfield Hills, Cindy Hill of Bloomfield Hills and Jeanne Mellis Blanchforder of Troy. Christmas Carol runs from now until December 23rd on the campus of Oakland University.
Meadow Brook Theatre's Annual Concert & Cuisine Benefit will be held July 15th, 2017 and features a performance by The Grass Roots. The event consists of a strolling dinner, silent auction and intimate concert experience. Event sponsorship packages are available. Tickets can be purchased at the Meadow Brook Theatre box office by calling 248-377-3300.
For more information about the Fezziwig Tea or Meadow Brook Theatre Guild contact Maryann Foxlee at 586-781-9709
Can you believe that we are about to start another season? We can't either. Things are ticking right along here at MBT. Tickets go on sale for our 2016-2017 season on Monday at 10am. Don't forget to call and book your seats!
Did you know on this day in history...
- In 1765 In protest over the stamp tax, American colonist sack and burn the home of Massachusetts Governor Thomas Hutchinson
- In 1875 "Captain" Matthew Webb becomes the first man to swim across the English Channel.
- In 1916 The National Park Service is established as part of the Department of the Interior.
- In 1950 President Harry Truman orders the U.S. Army to seize control of the nation's railroads to avert a strike.
- In 1981 Voyage 2 spacecraft makes its closest approach to Saturn.
- In 1989 NASA scientists receive stunning photographs of Neptune and its moons from Voyager 2.
- In 1918 Leonard Bernstein, conductor, composer, and pianist, was born.
Just a few fun facts for your day! Please check back to our website, Facebook, and Twitter for updates during the season.
Casey S. Hibbert©