What is a 'Rent Angel'?
Founded on Oakland University's campus in 1966, Meadow Brook Theatre has grown into Michigan's largest non-profit professional resident theatre. For 47 years MBT has distinguished itself as one of the finest producing regional theatres in the nation. Steeped in a long tradition of mounting top quality productions and building partnerships with the community, it is as previous Oakland University president Gary Russi stated "truly one of the cultural jewels of Oakland County and the Midwest." In spite of receiving ongoing critical acclaim and recognition for its high production values, the fate of the theatre was in question in June, 2003. Because of state funding cuts, the Oakland University Board of Trustees were faced with a difficult decision. In the end, they decided to put their faith in the artists who helped shape MBT's reputation of unparalleled quality by leasing the theatre to them.
This is where you come in! Your contribution of $2,200 as rent angel will help ensure that MBT can continue to enrich the lives of adults and students in Southeastern Michigan. Sponsor the week of your child's birthday or the week you will be seeing one of MBT's fine productions.
What are the benefits?
- The 'Angel' is recognized in the curtain speeches given before evening run of the sponsored week.
- The 'Angel's ' name will be included in Meadow Brook Theatre's Annual Report and playbill donor listing.
- The 'Angel' will receive special recognition in MBT lobby.
- All donation to MBT are tax deductible.
- The 'Angel' will receive eight complimentary tickets.
For more information: